Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jar of Hearts

Have you heard the song "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri? I would even claim it could be my song of the moment. The lyrics are on the sad side, but the music is beautiful. So it hits me the other night, why not make a jar of hearts for V-Day?! Ok, the theory only had something to do with the title, but I thought maybe it will be a good project.

I had purchased a bag of assorted heart sizes from Michael's (I'm using the small ones) and I'm using Craftsmart brand paint, color is Holiday Red. So here I sit painting these small hearts asking myself what was I thinking?! My fingers are coated in red paint, and instead of seeing stars, I'm seeing hearts. Thankfully this stuff is washable or I'd be going to work tomorrow looking like...well, I don't know...messy maybe lol. Here's a picture so far.


Ok, I'm to the point that if I see another heart, I'll cry lol. Scott says that there aren't near enough in there. I told him grab a brush and some paint! Just need to make myself a label for the top...another heart I'm sure lol.


No comments :