Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend...The Middle

Sunday was my niece Kayla's graduation.  I'm so proud of her!  I worked five hours so I could be there to watch her walk across the stage.  Her graduating class was only 60 students!!  I don't know if it's a recent idea, or maybe in the dark ages my school didn't do it, but as they walked across the stage they also had someone reading their future plans.  When I graduated in the 90's, I don't remember a lot of the kids going to college, most either went to work, in the service, and quite a few of the girls started on their families.  I couldn't believe the amount of kids in her class going to college.  I felt really bad for some of them because all you heard was engineer, medical, even heard aeronautics, but what about the kids that are going to work because they just couldn't afford college?  I hope they didn't feel left out.  Either way, you should be proud that you made it through the torture of high school!

Her dad took us out to one of my favorite restaurants as a celebratory dinner.  This particular restaurant has the best manicotti in the whole world, yes I'm convinced =) and the bread...*sigh* definitely droolworthy.  The guest of honor had a slice of the most decadent chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream that she couldn't finish, you know I volunteered to help!!  Unfortunately, Scott still wasn't feeling well so we went home and took an hour or so nap, then took the bike out for a ride.

We were about 45 minutes from home at a park watching the rain across the lake.  Hum...maybe we should have taken the sign.  I bring up the weather on my phone and the storms looked like they were going to pass us.  A riding we go.  About 15 minutes later, I bring up the weather again.  In my most calm voice I say "Honey, the you are here thingie is in the middle of a storm...we need to go home NOW!!!"  Yes, that was my calm voice.  We come up to this light and I feel a raindrop, next thing I know it was lots of raindrops and there was lots of thunder and lightning.  Thank you to the bank that was right at the corner that we hid under their drive thru.  After it passed, we hopped back on and about ten minutes down the road everything was dry as a bone.  Hadn't seen a drop.  So his pretty washed and waxed bike is now a little on the dirty side.  I was so sleepy that after my shower, I crawled into bed at 10:30 with Puppy and we both snored until he came to bed an hour later.


No comments :