Thursday, May 17, 2012

Looking for New Roofs

As my post a month ago said, I'm in the market to find a new roof to have over my head.  I did discover one thing while looking, rent is outrageous here. To find similar square footage is around $1200 a month. So after looking at countless apartments, we decided to go big and buy a house. You'd think that at almost 40 we would have already did that, but we have a habit of doing things a little backwards. Now, onto finding a house, and finding a house fast. We enlisted the help of a realtor (hi Bev!) who has the patience of a saint. Scott and I have in mind what we want and realize it's not going to happen so we have to find something that we can work with.

I was told this was common in older homes, it's planter

I saw A LOT of purple,pink, and yellow bathrooms with matching tubs

The hunting wasn't going well...until what I thought was the house of my dreams...this beautiful 3 bedroom on 18 acres!!!

This house had everything that I could ever ask for...a master bedroom/bath/closet of my dreams, fireplaces, 2 car garage, and out in the middle of nowhere. It had been on the market for a long time, but it wasn't selling. The bank dropped the price to the most amazing figure, and we immediately put in an offer, but it just wasn't enough. There was 16 offers on the house sadly enough. It was quite a distance from where we are now, so maybe it was a sign...off to keep looking.

No comments :