Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tracy's Linky Party

Tracy is having a 360 degree photo linky party that I'm posting just in time for. She has fabby link parties and I definately have a ton of them to share, but for some reason I always get sidetracked. I really wanted to call this post "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" but I don't live in a bay, just a lake. Hum...wonder if they could make that a song? I'm very excited to participate in this one though *grins* I took these right before I caught "the bug".


I have a boat dock in my backyard and I'm absolutely fascinated with the poles that have the rope around them, the water, and the overgrown grass!! My dining room table (aka my desk) is right where I can look out at this every day. Even in the winter it's beatiful.

There's a ton of snappers in the water so there is no way in hell my toesies are ever getting dipped in there lol. The ones I have pictured are really quite small. I never have my camera when the real ones are out. May have something to do with everytime I see them I may accidentally say something about turtle soup. At least I don't tell them that I think they'd make a nice pair of shoes *s*. You'll have to click the pic to see all my little sharp toothed friends.

And yes, this is an old boat. When I say "old", I mean old, as in it doesn't have much of it's floor left. With all the rain we've been getting though, I'm thinking it's a good start to building my own ark!!

And last, but not least, the geese. I have a family of mallards here, and also several families of geese. As they have their families, I'll post pictures. I'm sure they just love every year me creeping up on their babies to take those pictures too. One of these days, I'm going to be goose food.

2 comments :

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

What a gorgeous view. I like the rope tied on the poles too. Someday my husband and I want to move to a place near a lake and have a pond. You have a ton of turtles. No wonder your toes don't go in. Mine wouldn't either. I am about to do a post announcing the winner. Just thougth I would let you know the guest judge picked you! Thanks for linking.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

Sorry this is so last minute, but do you want to be the guest judge for this month's party and is there any way you can let me know tonight?