Friday, August 24, 2012

Moving Day

Friday morning was going to be a good day.  The movers were coming at 9:30 and I was coming home from work at 11:30 and was going to supervise where stuff went.  I can do that.

So much for how things are supposed to go.  So on top of signing three weeks late, the carpet cleaner couldn't make it on Wednesday, so he rescheduled for Saturday.  Ok, so now what do I do with all the freaking furniture?!?!?!

Brings me back to that wonderful day in history...the day the movers CANCELLED!!!  Yep, you read that right.  I'm at work anxiously waiting for 11 am on the dot, and at 10:45 I get a text that the movers cancelled.  HUH?  Some days Scott's sense of humor just kills me.  Nope, he wasn't kidding.  When they didn't show up at 9:30, he started calling at 9:45 to see if they were lost.  No answer.  At 10:45, the guy calls and says that he's so overbooked that he can't make it, maybe Saturday.  SATURDAY?!?!??!  So Scott calls his cousin and I call my mom and I get out the cold water.  The cold water is because it's over 100ยบ out and nobody's getting sick or fainting til this is done.

Using the motorcycle trailer and our open trailer, they (meaning the boys because ain't no way I'm getting in their way) load up appliances and furniture.  After two loads, they have it.  We kept most of the furniture off the carpet for carpet guy and my garage couldn't even get a dust bunny to fit in there now.

I actually had my whole kitchen 95% set up and in working order by the end of Saturday.  A lot of it got done on Friday.  My mom stayed and cleaned the old place so I could get the new one up and running.  She did such a wonderful job that I don't remember it being that clean, and I wanted to move back in.  Apparently that was frowned upon.

The carpet cleaner did a nice job.  Most of the house has an almost white carpet, I guess you would call it alabaster.  I call it a giant mistake waiting to happen.  Somebody raised two teenagers in this house, WHY WHITE CARPET?!?!?!  Our basement has two finished rooms, one half done, and then the storage room where the water softener is.  He told us it would be cheaper to replace the carpet than clean it down there.

And the projects begin lol.

No comments :