Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend...The Beginning

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.  I know a lot of you worked on your abodes, kudos to you!!  I had a busy weekend myself, but most of it was spent not at home sucking up my a/c.

First off let me sing to my love of my life...you may want to cover your ears..."Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Scott, Happy Birthday to you!"  You can uncover your ears now.  He's finally hit the 40 mark...I'd post a pic but he'd kill me.  He must not think he's as sexy as I think he is ♥

Friday night after work we went to dinner with the in laws since Scott's aunt is in town.  Just a quick bite of Italian and back home because Scott hasn't been feeling well.  I think the heat and long work hours are starting to get to him.  He also may be a "little" stressed...I swear I have nothing to do with it!

Saturday we went to the farm so he could mow down some of the paths and I could spend quality time with my LaylaBooBoo.  OMG...it was in the 90's and I thought I was going to melt...think the witch from "Alice in Wonderland"...that's the movie right?  "I'm melting, I'm melting".  I spent a lot of time watching Puppy play in the streams and ponds on the property.  Makes me wish I hadn't packed up all my shorts and bathing suits.  I would have loved to hop in with her.  Scott has such horrible luck that he burnt up the brand new belt he put on the mower (grass was just too thick) and his atv isn't running right.  As in, it runs for a bit, then you walk home.  It's old (10 years maybe?) and it's not like you maintenance those things on a regular basis.  He didn't get much accomplished except for being agitated.  We had hot dogs and sloppy joes for dinner which after about three hours I decided that I wasn't going to keep if you get my drift.  I was heat sick in a horrible way.  The migraine I had wasn't helping.  Didn't get to bed til 1 am, and up again around 6 because I work on Sundays.  These long weekends kill me.






No comments :