Monday, October 31, 2011

Skeletons in my Closet



Everyone has skeletons in there closet right?! RIGHT?! *crickets* Ok, fine. I brought mine out for some fresh air to romp around my glittery cemetery. Well every fashionable skeleton should have some glitter...at least I didn't dress them up!!

I bought four of these cuties for $1.00 at Dollar Tree. They did look quite homely, even for dead plastic. I straightened out the bodies, screwed their heads on right (wouldn't you love to do that in real life), and used black paint to make them look...well...old. I had won a giveaway for FolkArt's Extreme Glitter Paints by Plaid over at Nothing But Country and I knew this would be the perfect project. I did learn though NOT to brush over anything, but paint it on and leave it, looks better that way. Only had to coat these guys once too! I loved the effect, so I'm going to see what other colours they have so maybe I can start on Christmas before it gets here. Oh...almost forgot, didn't need to seal the paint either, the glitter isn't flaking....yeah!!!

No comments :